The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is actively seeking a senior Informaticist Physician for our Chief Medical Informatics Officer (CMIO) opportunity in Washington, D.C. In this role, you will report to the Executive Director of Health Informatics, Office of Informatics and Information Governance (OIIG) and provide oversight and guidance for overall health informatics within Veterans Health Administration (VHA). You will serve as the primary clinical liaison between the VHA informatics community and internal VHA and VA components (e.g., Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), VISN and Field facilities, other VHACO Program Offices) and guide the VHA health informatics community to support the role of informatics in the transformation of the VHA health care delivery system.
The CMIO promotes the development and implementation of VHA patient-centered information technology and information management (IT/IM) solutions and supports VHA-DoD interoperability and health information exchange initiatives. The CMIO also promotes emerging technologies, and advances codified terminologies and national standards.
- MD/DO degree
- US citizenship
- Full and unrestricted MD or DO license from a US state or territory
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA-accredited medical residency
- English writing and speaking proficiency
- Degree, Certification, Fellowship or other formal training/academic courses in health informatics (preferred)
- Demonstrated recognition as an Informaticist physician with significant informatics related accomplishments in healthcare practice, educational activities, research or administration
VA Physicians enjoy competitive pay, regular salary growth, and a very robust federal benefits package consisting of 49 days paid time off per year (26 days paid annual leave, 13 paid annual sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays), a Federal Employee Retirement System (FERS) federal pension (5 years’ vesting), a 401K type plan called the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) with up to 5% in employer contributions, federal health/life/dental/vision/long-term care insurance programs, etc.
Interested candidates should apply before the recruitment period ends on 2/12/2018. VA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Contact firstname.lastname@example.orgLeave a reply →