Serve as a principal advisor to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Medical Officer (CMO), nursing informatics and Information Services staff regarding physician issues and the clinical impact of the information systems.
1. Evaluate the impact of information technology on clinical processes and identify areas to promote the use of technology to create efficiencies for clinicians and improve the quality of care delivered to patients.
2. Provide medical leadership in the areas of planning, development, preparation and implementation of strategic and tactical clinical information systems, including but not limited to core clinical systems, physician order entry, documentation, system-wide, divisional and departmental clinical systems, and any technology decisions that will affect physicians’ clinical and non-clinical workflow.
3. Supports the health system’s various regulatory compliance activities including HIPAA, Meaningful Use, Joint Commission accreditation, and billing compliance.
4. Participates in clinical advisory and governance groups providing broad-based input and engaging patient care providers, including physicians, nurse practitioners, nursing staff, ancillary staff and medical records professionals to facilitate the design, continued development, and use of clinical information systems to support excellence in patient care and research.
5. Develop an understanding of physician needs and builds relationship with physicians to gain support of and consensus for IT initiatives. Must be highly responsive to users’ needs and priorities to assure widespread acceptance and provider use of the clinical systems.
6. Review medical informatics trends, experiences and approaches; develop technical and application implementation strategies; and assist Senior Leadership in the development of strategic plans for the Information Services division.
7. Periodically tour inpatient and ambulatory clinical areas to observe end users and identify opportunities for EHR optimization.
8. Serve as a mentor to medical students, residents, fellows and other clinicians who express an interest in Clinical Informatics
9. Attend key national and regional informatics meetings and pursue programs of continuing education within the specialty of clinical informatics to remain current with new technologies, national and local issues affecting healthcare information technology and their potential influence on the health system.
10. Participate on quality improvement and patient safety committees and work in concert with clinical leadership and Health System Information Services (HSIS) staff to design and implement systems supporting patient care, clinical outcome analysis, quality initiatives, operational effectiveness, and research activities.
• Collaborate with physician, nursing and administrative leadership to proactively monitor, revise, and develop evidence-based automated clinical guidelines and best practices to improve the quality of care and gain maximum efficacy and efficiency.
• Lead the development of rules and other automated clinical decision support for patient care and protocol research as well as the design of clinical system features supporting evidence-based protocol management and the use of the system to leverage the clinicians’ time and maximize communication with affiliates and referring physicians.
• Lead the development and deployment of solutions that cluster information in disease and episodic categories for benchmarking, clinical severity, and variance analysis.
• Design and evaluate collection of data for clinical purposes, including tracking and interpretation of outcomes.
11. Provide informatics expertise and support for applicable clinical research.
Graduation from an accredited medical school with a MD or DO degree, licensure with the state of Alabama as an MD/DO, and seven years of medical/clinical experience which included leadership experience within a health system, and extensive knowledge and practical experience with electronic health information systems, including configuration, implementation, support and optimization within an academic health setting. Board certification in Clinical Informatics and work experience in medical informatics is preferred.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/j3y6kxc5rj89mnvz
PI115459598Leave a reply →