Chief Medical Information Officer, Ambulatory
Northwell Health is seeking a qualified Chief Medical Information Officer, Ambulatory who will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director of Northwell Health Physician Partners (NHPP), providing Informatics leadership in support of the growth and integration of owned physician practices, diagnostic and therapeutic centers, clinical joint ventures, and strategic partners (e.g. Independent Physician Association). Will assure alignment of technology with strategic clinical, quality and operational goals of the ambulatory network and NHPP as well as overall clinical adoption of and satisfaction with technology
- Partners with Northwell Health Physician Partners leadership to support growth and integration strategies for the physician network
- Oversees informatics strategy for integrating care across care environments leveraging electronic health records, other clinical systems, health information exchange, data and analytics and emerging innovative technologies
- Creates and executes strategy for promoting physician adoption of information technology to improve care
- Addresses physician burnout & EMR dissatisfaction through optimization of EMR functionality as well as provider training and optimization activities
- Assures Electronic Health Records enable practice standardization and achievement of highest quality performance, including electronic capture of critical quality elements/measure
- Oversees clinical governance for enhancement requests, prioritization and decision making from front-line clinicians up through clinical leadership
- Assures alignment of activities for front-line clinician needs and key leadership strategic priorities
- Partners with ambulatory CIO and relevant application leaders around execution of the above stated duties
- Continued part-time practice in clinical specialty for which candidate is trained/certified (preferred)
- Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
- Doctor of Medicine Degree from medical school as recognized by the World Health Organization.
- Licensed and registered as a Physician in the State of New York.
- Post-graduate training in any specialty.
- Minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience including a minimum of three (3) years of practice experience at the attending level in ambulatory care.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in leadership with electronic health records implementations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Solid written and oral communication and skills. Ability to work as a “change agent.”
Interested candidates apply online to job req. 0038YT at https://bit.ly/2ZBigp2
Northwell Health has been named to Fortune’s 2020 100 Best Companies to Work For®, the only health care provider in New York State to be recognized.
At Northwell Health we aren’t satisfied with settling so we search for innovation in everything we do. We are New York’s largest private employer and leading health care provider with 23 hospitals, nearly 750 outpatient facilities, laboratories, world-class research facilities and more. Our locations span across Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Westchester and beyond.
From the smallest gesture to life-changing treatment and research, our 69,000 clinical and non-clinical professionals – 16,000-plus nurses and 4,000 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are redefining the way health care is delivered. Join us to spread your wings and grab unbelievable opportunities to redefine healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/VetLeave a reply →