Seattle, WA; Remote
We are a company of passionate individuals striving to improve healthcare and patient experiences. Our evidence-based medical content and software tools empower both payers and providers to make the best decisions for patients. Our work makes a difference in the quality of care that hundreds of thousands of patients receive each day and we’re proud of our positive impact.
This role in an integral part of the Clinical Analytics, Research and Editorial (CARE) team and directly supports MCG’s initiatives to enable our industry leading evidence based clinical content for use in the digital informatics age.
The primary responsibilities will consist of research, analysis, codification, remediation, and quality assurance of new and existing technical informatics solutions while leveraging MCG’s clinical content, healthcare information, artifacts, value sets, and your healthcare knowledge. This work also requires frequent engagement with stakeholders across MCG including product management, physicians, software engineers, data analytics and senior management team members.
A successful candidate will have excellent clinical informatics knowledge, a good understanding of the health care system and characteristics associated with being a team player. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to organize and prioritize, and an inquisitive spirit are essential.
Key working relationships:
Works closely with the Manager of Clinical Informatics, 3rd party experts, software engineers and product management to collaborate and understand vision, deliverables, and timelines.
In this role you will:
- Perform codification of clinical indications, logic, rules and reasoning for use evaluating patient clinical information in software solutions.
- Curate and maintain value sets and other artifacts for use in rules and reasoning.
- Participate in clinical criteria/indication review and development with the Clinical Analytics, Research and Editorial (CARE) team.
- Perform unit testing on codified clinical indications
- Create documentation of design, coding, test cases, and other artifacts related to developed or maintained code.
- Perform analysis of various disparate data sources (e.g., EMRs, medications, imaging), in order to determine their interrelation, and how best to integrate and leverage them for reasoning purposes.
- Propose and prototype algorithms and informatics solutions in support of assigned projects
- Apply leading edge approaches using modern software tools for data analytics and development needs.
- Provide technical consulting and leadership in identifying and implementing new uses of information technologies for clinical decision/documentation support.
- Other projects or activities as assigned.
- You have a MS (or more advanced degree) in clinical informatics, computer science, computer engineering, or computational biology
- You have 4+ years’ experience with Clinical Decision Support rules authoring, mapping value sets, medical terminology, and clinical indications
- You Demonstrate knowledge and experience with FHIR, HL7, and C-CDA
- You demonstrate knowledge of SNOMED CT, LOINC, RXNORM, ICD10CM, ICD10PCS, CPT4, HCPCS
- You are able to author rules and queries using XML, JSON, Java Python, or other languages
- You demonstrate understanding of relational databases
- You have a background with biological or medical concepts
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- MD or other healthcare degree
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is only with diverse thoughts and ideas that we’ll be able to create the change we want in healthcare. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be for it.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Leave a reply →