Chief Health Information Officer – Minneapolis, MN
Hennepin Healthcare is currently seeking a full-time Chief Health Information Officer (CHIO) who will provide leadership for the organization’s strategies in Informatics, Analytics, and Information Technology. In this role, the CHIO will be accountable for driving the strategic development of technology and tools that aim to enhance clinical outcomes, streamline workflows, and optimize efficiency for physicians and providers. The CHIO will play a pivotal role in leveraging data and technology to transform healthcare delivery and support the organization’s mission of providing high-quality care to patients.
Working in collaboration with the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Chief Health Informatics Officer (CHIO) serves as the physician/provider leader responsible for medical staff engagement, adoption, and optimization of clinical information systems and clinical informatics. One of their key roles is to ensure that clinical information systems effectively support best clinical practices by integrating evidence-based medicine and data-driven decision making. The CHIO plays a central role in ensuring that these systems align with the needs of physicians/providers and facilitate efficient and effective patient care.
Our unwavering dedication to our mission is rooted in collaboration, working closely with our community, patients, and families to ensure that exceptional care is accessible to all. Additionally, we take immense pride in our role to train the upcoming generation of healthcare professionals. At the heart of our philosophy is the conviction that equity stands as a fundamental pillar for achieving optimal health outcomes. We are resolutely committed to partnering with both our internal and external communities to empower them to reach their highest health potential, proactively dismantling barriers stemming from racism or other societal factors that disproportionately impact Black, Indigenous, and people of color.
- Doctorate Degree (MD, DO, or equivalent), Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) with a minimum of five (5) years clinical experience after training is required
- Formal experience in clinical informatics and/or informatics
- Current (or eligible for) professional license by the applicable State Board to practice in the State of Minnesota
- Board certified/eligible in an ABMS recognized specialty and clinical informatics thorough the ABPM (if a physician)
- Appropriate Board Certification for PA-C or APRN
- If applicable, must hold or be eligible for an academic appointment at the University of Minnesota.
Leadership, Knowledge, and Abilities needed to succeed in this role:
- Administrative leadership experience at the institution, department, or section level.
- Ability to empathize with clinical staff and develop creative solutions to simplify their work.
- An expert user of an Electronic Health Record system in clinical practice.
- Deep understanding of how clinicians use technology or could use technology to achieve the triple aim.
- Collaborative leader who actively builds relationships and offers support.
- Demonstrated success in leading clinical organizations through periods of change.
- Strong knowledge of technical systems used in healthcare systems.
- Proven, successful and progressive leadership responsibilities with a strong track record of building internal and external collaborative relationships that yield successful management and execution results.
- Demonstrated ability to research, plan and implement clinical and business strategies that have a positive impact on quality, finances, and operations within an integrated healthcare system.
- Ability to establish work plans, set goals, and effectively manage towards those objectives.
- An effective team builder and leader with a track record of integrating functions and fostering a positive work environment that motivates staff to achieve their potential.
- Devoted to steering and supporting a team within a work culture that is trauma-informed and antiracist, upholding and advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Hennepin Healthcare System (HHS) operates as an integrated care system which includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center along with a high-quality acute care hospital. This comprehensive healthcare network includes a 473-bed academic medical center, a Clinic & Specialty Center catering to outpatient needs, a substantial psychiatric program, and an extensive array of primary and specialty care clinics situated both in Minneapolis and its surrounding suburban areas. HHS has maintained a tradition of excellence in education as the state’s first teaching hospital with education programs that include graduate medical education, undergraduate medical education, and advanced practice provider education and support approximately 1,000 learners annually. Additionally, HHS collaborates with the University of Minnesota to provide rotations in over 40 specialties each year. Medical research is supported by the Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute.
Physician and Provider positions at Hennepin Healthcare are credentialed through the Office of the Medical Staff in accordance with its policies and procedures.
Note: As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, Hennepin Healthcare is a qualifying employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program.
You’ve made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact on our patients’ lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
We greatly value the knowledge and perspective that comes with having a diverse workforce and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+ people, and individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should submit an application on our website and also attach a CV and letter of interest. If you have additional questions about this position prior to applying, please email Jessica Endres (Provider Recruiter) at Jessica.Endres@hcmed.org.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.
Leave a reply →