CHIEF MEDICAL INFORMATION OFFICER – Natividad
INSPIRING HEALTHY LIVES
At Natividad, our dedication to the people of Monterey County is at the heart of everything we do—from the health care services we provide to the specialized programs we promote. This commitment to our community spans more than 130 years and, more importantly, has touched countless lives. It has also earned us a Joint Commission ranking in the top percentile of hospitals nationwide. If you believe in inspiring healthy lives by focusing on community-based care, consider joining Natividad today.
HOSPITAL CHIEF MEDICAL INFORMATION OFFICER
Natividad is currently seeking to fill a permanent Hospital Chief Medical Information Officer to direct the Information Systems Applications & Informatics Department. Under administrative direction, the incumbent will maintain responsibility for the health informatics platform required to work with clinical IT staff to support the efficient design, implementation and use of health technology at Natividad. The successful candidate will plan, organize, staff, direct and control clinical information technology services and operations related to Clinical Information Technology; lead and direct clinical information technology strategic planning activities; coordinate activities with other departments and external agencies; and perform other related duties as assigned.
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment is qualifying. An example of a way these requirements might be acquired is:
Possession of a valid Physician’s and Surgeon’s Certificate issued by the State of California; Board Certification in Clinical Informatics: Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Clinical Informatics or equivalent; three years of experience as an IT physician leader, preferably at an acute care hospital.
Thorough knowledge of:
- Current principles and practices of medicine
- Methods, techniques, practices, principles, and literature in the broad field of medical sciences
- Administrative practices and procedures, rules, regulations, policies and standards related to hospital medical services
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR)/Electronic Health Records (EHR) Application Systems
- The principles of effective supervision and organization
- Functions and services of public hospitals and health agencies
- The operations, services and activities of the clinical aspect of the comprehensive hospital information technology program
- The principles, techniques and best practices of developing and administering clinical information systems
- The principles and techniques of short and long-range systems planning, needs forecasting and cost-benefit analysis
- The principles and practices of information technology project management
- The principles and practices of information system assessment, testing, evaluation and analysis
- The principles and practices of business administration including finance/budgeting, procurement, personnel management and strategic planning
- National, state and local IT regulations and laws pertaining to healthcare
For application materials, contact Natividad, HR, 1441 Constitution Blvd, Bldg 300, Salinas, CA 93906; call us at (831) 783-2700; or apply online at www.natividad.com. Like us on Facebook:
Leave a reply →