Southwest Medical, part of OptumCare, is a multispecialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 330 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. We offer patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada, and are headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Medical Director/CMIO is responsible for the clinical aspects of Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption, integration into end-user workflow, and ongoing development; works collaboratively with the chief information officer and medical director of lean process improvement to ensure the needs of individual providers and staff are met; smartly incorporates EHR-based decision-support and evidence-based population health management into user workflow; understands build of components and contributes to process implementation and management. In addition, multiple clinic processes are thoughtfully integrated and both internal and external relationships pertaining to EHR development are maintained.
This is a 20% clinical, 80% administrative position.
- Willingness to apply lean methodology to clinical EHR workflows; maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences and seminars and attends training with regard to clinical IT as requested/needed
- General understanding of disparate systems and integration/information flow
- At least 7 years clinical experience and 3 years leadership experience
- Market competitive salary, $50k sign-on, and attractive bonus plan
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental and life insurance, short term/long term disability, professional liability insurance, matching 401K, PTO, CME days and annual CME allowance, and paid holidays
- Relocation assistance
Las Vegas Offers:
- The best in entertainment and cultural options with close proximity to amenities in CA, AZ, and UT
- One of the most affordable places to live in the Southwest, with no state income tax
- Award winning master-planned communities and a lower cost of living than many metropolitan cities
- 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, boating, five-star restaurants, and endless attractions and entertainment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SMLeave a reply →