Chief Health Information Officer – Monument Health
Monument Health seeks an experienced physician leader with a proven track record in leading clinical and digital transformation in a healthcare environment. As an established leader, the Chief Healthcare Information Officer will influence at every level, imparting knowledge and skills in a constructive, empowering, and collaborative way.
The Chief Healthcare Information Officer role is critical to Monument Health’s continued success as a comprehensive healthcare system in a five-state region. Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the CHIO will enjoy a unique opportunity to impact the success of the organization. This position is responsible for leading overall information technology strategy and transformational progress to deliver high-quality care, exceptional patient, caregiver and physician experience while sustaining efficient operations.
Objectives of the Role
- Fulfill the goals and vision of the health system’s strategic plan.
- Be an innovative thought leader helping to drive healthcare transformation using relevant technology as a cross-functional change agent across the organization.
- Ensure clinical adoption and engagement in the use of technology.
- Drive continuous clinical process improvement focused on patient outcomes and efficiency.
- Develop clinical information that supports and enhances organizational reform.
- Set and implement clinical digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners to map and transition traditional processes to digital processes and automation.
The ideal candidate will bring deep experience in healthcare digital transformation along with the diplomatic skill and acumen to work effectively with a broad group of key stakeholders, including patients and families, board members, providers, leaders and staff. Additionally, the next CHIO will bring experience leading and implementing innovative strategies—including strategic partnerships and technology and digital strategies—to optimize the patient experience and expand the reach and brand of the organization.
- M.D. or D.O. required with a minimum of 10 years of clinical practice.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a similar executive leadership role.
- Proven track record of leading successful transformation projects.
- An innovative and constructively disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward.
- Ability to work collaboratively, influencing decisions and outcomes and realizing results in a healthcare organization.
- Experience managing and leading teams.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Highly skilled at needs assessment, facilitation of project implementation and organizational change management
Procedure for Candidacy
Candidates wishing to apply must submit materials electronically. Application materials should be submitted to the office of the CEO, Paulette Davidson, via email to CHIOinquiry@monument.health.Leave a reply →