Cedars-Sinai EIS Physician Leader – 20001024
Functions as a business partner operating in or associated with the medical center to understand physician IT needs and requirements. Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on physician clinical content, terminologies and clinical decision support of clinical systems. Assists the CMIO by acting as a SME for the CS-Link electronic medical records system. Expertise will be demonstrated by providing physician education regarding clinical informatics, and by facilitating utilization of CS-Link through demonstration of the system using contextual examples across the many specialties that comprise the Medical Staff.
1. Actively participates in IT steering, advisory, governance, and implementation committee meetings
2. Demonstrates clear proficiency in CS-Link enabling the AMD to provide leadership to enhance successful utilization by medical staff across the breath of subspecialties
3. Translate existing, complex workflows, from a variety of patient care settings across the inpatient and outpatient arena, into logic that enhances configuration of clinical information systems thereby facilitating enhanced patient care and safety. It should be noted that this position does not include any direct patient care.
4. Participate in the planning for training as well as tutoring of physicians and staff in the use of CS-Link
5. Be a visible champion and facilitator in the Medical Center for the establishment of longitudinal inpatient and outpatient Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems.
6. Help set priorities and deliver clinical information solutions that are practical and effective, obtaining buy-in from Medical Staff leadership as well as the Medical Staff at-large.
7. Collaborate with Cedars-Sinai Health Systems clinical staff including physicians, nurses, therapists, technicians and ancillary personnel to effectively and safely re-design clinical care information processes leveraging opportunities for improvement using clinical information systems while understanding concurrent limitations.
8. Maintain familiarity with new clinical systems technology thereby advising EIS and Clinical staff as to which systems may be appropriate and capable of supporting strategic initiatives within the Cedars-Sinai Health System.
9. Perform clinical physician duties with reporting structure to be determined.
Bachelor’s and M.D. degrees required, and clinical expertise as evidenced by at least one Board certification.
• Demonstrated clinical and leadership abilities within the Cedars-Sinai Health System
• Demonstrated super user proficiency with Epic Inpatient and Outpatient systems
• Established track record with implementing clinical information systems
• Excellent communication and people skills, and skilled in process management and group dynamics
• Flexible/comfortable with ambiguity and change. Must have demonstrated experience in managing change in a previous position
• Energetic, assertive and creative
• Knowledge of clinical information systems technology, products, platforms and architecture
• Experience operating in a complex environment
• Demonstrates knowledge of the National Patient Safety Goals, the Cedars-Sinai Patient Safety program and plan, and understands Cedars-Sinai’s culture of safety
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Organization: Corporate Services
Job Posting: Feb 24, 2020, 11:36:51 AM
Recruiter: Sridevi TylerLeave a reply →