SUTTER HEALTH: Sutter Health ~ VP, EHR and Clinical Informatics ~ Requisition Number: SHSO-1625359
The purpose of this physician executive position is to maximize the health of patients we serve at Sutter Health by aligning with and supporting foundations, hospitals and other clinical entities through the implementation and efficient use of health information systems to deliver safe, cost effective, value based patient centered care. The VP for EHR and Clinical Informatics partners in the development and ensures the execution of standard clinical informatics processes and policies across the enterprise.
Key collaborators and partnerships include but are not limited to: COO-IS, Chief Operations Officer for IS, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Safety officer, OU CHIOs, OU CIO, OU Chief Physician Executive/CMOs, Chief of Digital Patient Experience, enterprise CNIO, VP-IS-Clinical Services, VP, IS Clinical Services Office of Patient Experience (full continuum including Quality, Safety, Patient Health management, Research, & Variation Reduction leadership), Office of General Counsel, Finance, Sutter Shared Services and Enterprise Data Management are some of the key operational areas that this position will need to partner with for success.
Areas of focus include but not limited to: EHR governance, prioritization, usability, impact to quality & safety, innovation & education. Responsible for transparency and end user satisfaction with Sutter EHR and related technologies. Within the Office of the CHIO, this physician executive partners with OU CHIOs and the Office of Patient Experience leaders on defining strategic clinical informatics priorities, build and deliver effective solutions that enhance patient care through the innovative use of technology. By integrating data analytics, Lean process improvements and fostering clinician input, the VP for EHR & EHR and Clinical Informatics is jointly responsible for the planning, implementation and optimization of clinical information technologies that help clinicians deliver quality patient care while enabling the organization to achieve its operational goals.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Health Care related field and Doctorate of Medicine required. Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science preferred. Active certifications in Epic Applications and/or Clinical Informatics also preferred.
- Extensive leadership and management experience as typically acquired during 8-10 years in progressively responsible management and/or physician leadership roles within a complex multi-site matrix managed healthcare environment
- Extensive experience leveraging/integrating/implementing technology advances with Epic systems to improve services and daily operations as typically acquired during 5-6 years in a similar role
- Solid expertise in selection, development and implementation of a broad range of clinical care information systems as well as process redesign and quality improvements
- Developing and leading electronic health record (EHR) training and support initiatives in a clinical care setting
- Excellent understanding of and proven experience in utilizing electronic health record (EHR) technology to positively transform ambulatory and hospital clinical practice by improving the quality of patient care, reducing costs and driving user satisfaction across the care continuum
- Extensive knowledge of currently available health IT platforms and medical informatics theory and practice
- Working knowledge of the clinical care information systems implementation process, integration of workflows, use and support methodologies, regulatory requirements, strategic and tactical planning, project leadership/management and group dynamics
- Demonstrated knowledge regarding potential impact of Stark, privacy and security laws and regulations on implementation and ongoing use of health IT systems
- Detailed understanding of software User Interface (UI) design, software development life cycle (SDLC) or Joint Application Development, and knowledge of or exposure to project management methodologies
- Solid expertise in organizational change management concepts and strategies, including proactively using that body of knowledge to constructively transform the clinician and patient experience across the continuum of care
- Comprehensive knowledge of a major vendor’s electronic health record (EHR) application such as Allscripts, Cerner and Epic
- General understanding of health information exchange (HIE) and Health Level 7 (HL7) Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) standards to ensure interoperability, usability, data exchange and analytics of ambulatory informatics across the enterprise
- Knowledgeable of major trends in healthcare (including healthcare reform and population health), competitive intelligence, data analytics, big data and emerging technologies with the ability to integrate the information into actionable strategic and long-range informatics plans
- Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between patients, healthcare practitioners, enterprise leadership, and computer/data processing specialists, while maintaining and securing all patient records
- Recognized ability to energize, mobilize, influence, and build accountability with a broad range of stakeholders through effective communication of vision, and the fostering of productive and supportive working relationships with internal and external constituencies
- Superior negotiating and problem solving skills with the proven ability to identify, research and analyze issues to offer effective solutions
- C-suite skills, including professional writing and editing skills; excellent spokesperson skills with the ability to articulate a vision, translate complex ideas into lay terms, and to engage with diverse audiences, including peers, senior management, external clients and relevant industry conferences
- Exhibit solid skills in interpreting complex regulatory requirements to ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations
For additional information about the position, please contact Tom Fenyoe, Managing Consultant, Talent Acquisitions at firstname.lastname@example.org, (916) 215-5229.
For other executive opportunities, log on to: http://www.sutterhealth.org/employment/executive-careers.html.
Leave a reply →