MEDICAL DIRECTOR/CMIO – ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORD – OPPORTUNITY IN LAS VEGAS, NV
Southwest Medical is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, 21 medical health centers including six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers, two lifestyle centers catering to older adults, an outpatient surgery center, plus E-visits and online options via Now Clinic telemedicine technology. We offer patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada, and are headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
The Medical Director is responsible for the clinical aspects of Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption, integration into end-user workflow, and ongoing development; works collaboratively with the chief information officer and medical director of lean process improvement to ensure the needs of individual providers and staff are met; smartly incorporates EHR-based decision-support and evidence-based population health management into user workflow; understands build of components and contributes to process implementation and management. In addition, multiple clinic processes are thoughtfully integrated and both internal and external relationships pertaining to EHR development are maintained.
This is a 20% clinical, 80% administrative position.
- Serves as a liaison between the medical staff, IT and senior leadership
- Participates in the planning, selection, implementation and performance assessment of clinical IT with a lens toward a reliable and consistent patient experience, quality outcomes, and elimination of waste
- Assists in the development of training programs for clinicians on clinical systems, and continuous improvement of such training programs
- Participates actively in requirements definition, design, test and implementation tasks; provides ongoing review and development of alerts, care guideline order sets, and protocols
- Works with the vendor on product development and implementation strategy
- Develops strategic plans regarding information management and clinical IT
- Reviews and makes recommendations regarding clinical practice workflows/processes as well as clinician computing devices
- Serves as a change agent and advocate for best practices and process improvement; able to enlist and engage others; able to present opportunities, issues and recommendations to the support/implementation teams in such a way as to clarify desired outcome
- Manages the expectations of end-users
- Assertive but positive advocate for physicians when meeting with other stakeholders; serve as advocate for stakeholders when meeting with physicians/providers
- Ensures that established operating standards, policies, regulatory requirements (Meaningful Use, PCMH, etc) and protocols are effectively implemented, continually evaluated, and as necessary, modified to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care while maintaining cost-effective operations
- Continuously alert for new and innovative approaches that can be developed for clinical interaction with EHR
- Able to understand and navigate the organization’s culture; able to think both strategically and tactically; be willing to apply lean methodology to clinical EHR workflows; maintains competency and enhances professional growth and development through continuing education, conferences and seminars and attends training with regard to clinical IT as requested/needed; general understanding of disparate systems and integration/information flow
- 7 years clinical experience and 3 years leadership experience
. Market competitive salary, $50k sign-on, and attractive bonus plan
. Comprehensive benefits package which includes: medical, dental and life insurance, short term/long term disability, professional liability insurance, matching 401K, PTO, CME days and annual CME allowance, and paid holidays
. Relocation assistance
Las Vegas Offers:
. The best in entertainment and cultural options with close proximity to amenities in CA, AZ, and UT
. One of the most affordable places to live in the Southwest, with no state income tax
. Award winning master-planned communities and a lower cost of living than many metropolitan cities
. 300-plus days of sunshine, championship golf, hiking, skiing, boating, five-star restaurants, and endless attractions and entertainment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Contact Kaitlin Osborn today for further information:
Phone: (952) 936-3888
Leave a reply →