At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team…caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Director of the Healthcare Knowledge Development will lead a forward-looking team focused on continuously improving the value of the information assets that are used in conjunction with advanced technologies like NLU/NLP and Artificial Intelligence to deliver new solutions for Nuance Healthcare.
This individual will heavily influence and help lead the direction and creation of future technology enabled solutions impacting Healthcare. They will manage a team of 60+ individuals around the globe focused on the development and curation of knowledge based assets in the areas of ontologies, data annotation, and clinical standards.
The Director is responsible for ensuring the achievement of performance targets and strategic initiatives by setting and meeting operational goals that are consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization. Responsible for department budgets, both capital and operating while ensuring effective service delivery for assigned areas of responsibility. Participates in overall business planning and enables innovation and provide data management and analytical skills as well as ensuring data security and quality.
- Defines and maintains standard processes across the Knowledge Development Team
- Identifies opportunities for the use of tools and technology to aid in the knowledge development processes
- Protect the privacy and security of patient information and oversees policies with respect to access controls, security, information exchange and business continuity.
- Oversees the development of Ontologies, terminology and data classification systems.
- Develops policies and procedures to ensure the quality of services provided and customer satisfaction are appropriately defined, measured and improved. Defines and maintains standards, practices, dashboards and plans.
- Oversees data design in support of an infrastructure for robust reporting and analytics.
- Defines project management processes, tools and templates as required for projects.
- Lead and mentor a driven and talented team of professionals which will include reviews, career development, training and hiring.
- Develops client physician relations by obtaining feedback, understanding information workflow and collaborating with the medical staff to improve success of current and future solutions.
- Monitor various Healthcare reimbursement models and programs, staying up to date on the regulations, incentives, and penalties
- Stays up to date and knowledgeable of the various clinical terminologies used in Healthcare and their relationships/use in the industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Leadership, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration (Master’s or higher degree preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare.
- 10 + years of experience supervising teams greater than 10.
- At least 5 years of experience in a informatics, clinical or HIM leadership role
- Proven track record for the ability to motivate cross-departmental teams’ performance towards excellence and team development concepts.
- Proven track record of responsibility for managing project and/or functional teams that successfully achieve budget and timeline goals.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to physicians
- Experienced in regulatory and compliance requirements affecting, including HIPAA, data retention, security requirements, records release and management, Meaningful Use, and ICD-10.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent presentation skills; strong written and oral skills;
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- Ability to manage timelines and critical deadlines.
- Ability to create policies and procedures as well as maintain and review annually or after any material changes requiring review.
- Strong leadership interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, statistical, systems and technology knowledge.
- Work as a part of a team and guide cross-functional teams as necessary.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with a cross functional team.
- Demonstrate credibility with physicians and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with all clinical staff.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To learn more and further explore this dynamic opportunity, please contact:
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Burlington, MA 01803Bottom of Form
Leave a reply →